I decided to build a content site blogging about a niche with low competition keywords:
- Publish as many low competition keywords optimized content as possible
- No link building
- See if the site can rank on page 1 and grow to a 5-figure site within 12 months or less
You can read more about the project and Month 0 here.
Initial Goals for Month 1
- Niche selection, including assessment of income potential
- Initial keyword research and site structure planning
- Domain registration and web hosting
- WordPress (site) setup
- Initial 34 articles ordering and publishing
Traffic and Earnings Stats
I had originally set out to publish 34 articles but as you can see from the stats above I only managed to publish 22.
I found out that you actually get what you pay for when it comes to outsourcing articles.
I had to rewrite most of the articles i got from my outsourcers hence impacting my initial plan.
The number of page views is relatively ok for a month old site although I am a bit disappointed that there was no actual click to the site. as you can see on the below screenshot:
I did not do any backlinking or whatsoever. Just some basic on-page seo.
I did not even write any meta description for my articles.
I just ensured that the keyword was repeated once in the article and that was it.
Marketing and promotions
As briefly mentioned, i did not do any outreach or backlinking campaign.
I noticed through Ahrefs that somehow i have 1 backlink. Upon further review it turned out to be a no follow link from a scraping site in my niche.
You will also notice that i already rank for 5 organic keywords according to ahrefs:
The traffic is neglectable but a good sign for sure.
Google Page Speed
My testing show that i am doing better on desktop with a score of 93% while the mobile speed is at 79%.
Google Page Speed - Desktop
Google Page Speed Mobile
Goal for Month 2 - October 2021
- Optimized articles for better rankings
- Publish at least 34 more articles